This guide will show you the fuse locations and equipment needed to hardwire a radar detector or dashcam on a 2022 Hyundai Elantra N
Consumables needed: Micro2 Fuse Tap (Affiliate Link)
Note: Fuse Taps are directional! For unpopulated fuse banks, only put a fuse in the top and leave the passthrough spot empty.
Fuse 47 (red wire on right) should be unpopulated. The left side will provide +12V when the car is on. Insert the fuse tap with the fuse facing down. You can use this for Radar Detectors, Remote wire for amp turn on, Dashcam, etc.
Fuse 31 (yellow wire on left) will provide the car +12v at all times. You can use this for parking mode wire
- Remove the front door scuff trim.
- Remove the hood latch release handle by pulling it away from the trim
- Remove the front door body side weatherstrip.
- Using a screwdriver or remover, remove the cowl side trim
- Under this you will see a bolt used to hold the dashboard to the chassis.
- Remove the bolt and grind down the paint in a small patch around the bolt hole to expose the bare metal.
- This surface will be suitable to use as a ground.